La Divina Commedia di Dante

<i>La Divina Commedia di Dante</i>
I took this in Florence (Nov. 2010) at the Museo Casa di Dante

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dancing Through Life

After reading through a few of the blog entries for the Raby piece, I was reminded of one of my favorite songs from the hit Broadway musical Wicked. The song, "Dancing Through Life," is all about not thinking to hard and just dancing through. To me, it is about popularity and fitting in and not trying to find your own individuality. Elphaba - who is clearly different - is taunted and the like. Most of the taunting comes form Glinda the Good - the popular girl. Thanks Jess for reminding me of this song.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this video. It hits head on. I

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this play! I can definitely see how this song connects to the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was amazing talking to you about musicals, and I am still jealous of all your broadway experience. I never would have thought of this, either, but I love your connections.

    ReplyDelete