La Divina Commedia di Dante

<i>La Divina Commedia di Dante</i>
I took this in Florence (Nov. 2010) at the Museo Casa di Dante

Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl Ads

Lots of people tune in to watch the big game (Go Packers!) But, that's not all people tune in to see. Advertisers pay ridiculous amounts of money for a 30 second spot during the super bowl. There were plenty of ads, that I thought were just plain stupid. Others that were sexist, and heterosexist. I'll post more of those later, as they are a good example to use SWAMP (See Grinner article). This one however, was my favorite of the night. Sure there is a lot being said here. It is clearly a straight white family of a upper-middle class background. But, besides that I was hooked by the use of Star Wars (one of my media weaknesses). I wonder what your favorite ad was?

No comments:

Post a Comment